So if 2020 can’t get any crazier hold on to your seats because this is a big election year. Mayor Robertson has been Mayor since 2012 and received the local Democrat nomination in both 2012 and 2016. This year is different because according to sources inside the local party she has been given a vote of no confidence leaving her to fend off two strong challengers in this years election.
Mayor Robertson is up against Former Councilman Ed Palmer and Local public advocate Lupe Camacho. In 2016 Mayor Robertson only had to fend off one challenger and that race was overshadowed by the death of Councilman Shawn O’Connell. This year the Mayor has to fend off Councilman Ed Palmer and new to the Rialto stage Lupe Camacho. Lupe Camacho isn’t some know nothing candidate she has spent the last 2-3 years holding Rialto officials and staff feet to the fire when it came to public works projects and new development. Lupe a knowledgeable former public works employee from Chino has never back down from a fight and knows how things are supposed to be done and where the money is normally hidden.
The SBC Sentinel wrote that Mayor Robertson failed to get the nomination by the County Democrat Committee because:
“Robertson faces allegations backed by an investigation for conflict of interest involving a city contract awarded to a nonprofit organization headed by her daughter. She has been dogged as well as a consequence of her support of embattled West Valley Water District Board Member Channing Hawkins.”
It is cute that other publications are finally covering SOME of the mayors major public flaws but we have been here telling our readers the same thing and many called us crazy. Well let’s look back at the Mayors history of abusing her power and misusing public funds:
- Mayor Robertson Chooses Travel Over Doing Her Job Locally – Remember that time they lied to your face and delayed a vote so the Mayor could travel on your dime?
- Mayor Robertson not a Fan of Trump but wants Taxpayers to pay for her to watch Trump Inauguration– Lied about Police Chief Deanda and Lt. Stella being her “security detail” so they could get rooms that they would not have gotten without lying.
- Mayor Robertson Double Speaks On Cuba Sister City Issue – Wont tell the truth even when she is given the opportunity.
- Deborah Robertson & the Utility Users Tax – Her votes on new taxes are born of threats to harm Rialto employees.
- City of Rialto Chooses New City Manager After 2 Year Search – Spent $1 Million plus on a City Manager who promised to protect her from the people.
- As Homelessness Becomes A Bigger Problem Mayor Wants To Attract More Homeless – Using Public funds and land to pay off a political activist.